Technical Federal Proposal WriterLocation:Remote position: Nationwide
As a Technical Federal Proposal Writer, the individual will review RFPs write, review and develop proposals as well as manage proposal development activities. In this role, the Proposal Writer will be involved in bid no/go discussions and criteria, gathering and formatting information; writing drafts; obtaining approval, and managing all deadlines related to proposals. Additionally, the individual will be responsible and accountable for managing and tracking all proposals and contracts awarded. The Proposal Writer also ensures compliance with applicable federal regulations, as well as RFPs’ terms and conditions.
- Develops proposal by assembling information including project objectives/outcomes/deliverables, proposal schedule, implementation, writing assignments for internal and external resources, methods, staffing, budget, standards of performance, and evaluation
- Writes, revises and edits drafts including executive summaries, conclusions, and organization credentials
- Assists with developing pricing schedules for proposals
- Determines proposal concept by identifying and clarifying opportunities and needs
- Reviewing and responding to requests for proposal (RFPs)
- Meets proposal deadline by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, and approval
- Entering and monitoring tracking data for multiple proposal status
- Coordinating requirements with contributors; contributing proposal status information to review meetings; transmitting proposals.
- Creates and coordinates data calls to be sent and receive from teammates and partners
- Gathers proposal information by identifying sources of information; coordinating submissions and collections; identifying and communicating risks associated with proposals.
- Prepares presentation by evaluating text, graphics, and binding; coordinating printing.
- Maintains quality results by using templates; following proposal-writing standards including readability, consistency, and tone
- Obtains approvals by reviewing proposal with key providers and project managers.
- Improves proposal-writing results by evaluating and re-designing processes, approach, coordination, and boilerplate; implementing changes.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; maintaining personal networks.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Attends strategy meetings
- Creates and organizes past performance library
- Creates and organizes proposal library
- Creates and organizes proof point library
- Creates compliance matrices/cross-walks to ensure proposal compliance and when required by proposal
- Perform other tasks as required by the OSC office
Required Qualifications/Education and Experience
- 5 or more years’ experience responding to government proposals
- 5 or more years’ experience in developing and managing proposals
- Ability to manage multiple efforts at one time
- Prior experience with Federal Government Proposal responses (RFP’s)
- Excellent written communication, coordination and presentation skills
- Must be able to work independently put together content into a compliant proposal
- Must be able to create technical content specific to the contract needs
- Expertise in full cycle proposal/contract writing (RFP release, submittal and contract award)
- Technical Documentation and Layout Skills are required
- Ability to make sound business decisions
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Familiarity with pricing
- Graphic Design skills are desired
Preferred Qualifications/Education and Experience
- Computer and IT Technical Writer preferred
- Shipley training or Shiply certification
- Project management training or certification
Healthcare, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Health Savings Account (HSA), 401k
Paid Company Holidays and PTO
Opportunities to enhance IT knowledge and skills, thus strengthening the OSC team and improving our employees' potential for future opportunities