Sr. System Security EngineerLocation:Port Hueneme, CA
The Cyber Security Engineer is responsible for analysis, presentation, acquisition, installation, configuration, implementation, and modification of IT infrastructure solutions for IT projects and requests. The Security Engineer will troubleshoot the infrastructure, develop and support monitoring tools, Vulnerability and Threat Management lifecycle, engage with Navy Leadership to understand use cases, develop and deploy dashboards. This person must understand IT and Security principles and must be able to capture and articulate requirements and progress clearly.
- Develop and implement security policies and procedures (authentication rules, security breach escalation procedures, security auditing procedures and use of security tools and encryption routines)
- prepare status reports on security matters to develop security risk analysis scenarios and response procedures
- Responsible for enforcing security policies and procedures by administering and monitoring security profiles, reviewing security violation reports and investigating possible security exceptions, updates and maintaining and documenting security controls
- Involved in the full life cycle of security tools management and responsible for security tool configuration, maintenance, monitoring and other various information security measures, performing security assessments and reviews technology initiatives for security compliance.
- Serves as a Senior Systems Security Engineer (eMASS, Risk Management Framework (RMF), ACAS, Vulnerability Remediation Asset Manager (VRAM), audit, monitor etc.)
- Designs, prepares and conducts new system and technology evaluations to determine infrastructure solutions based on business requirements.
- Measures and analyzes performance of the infrastructure against current and future needs
- Analyzes existing solutions, makes recommendations and leads improvement of infrastructure technology, operational capability, process, reliability and performance
- Responsible for creating technical documentation for infrastructure solutions. Presents solutions to senior leaders for concurrence and approval.
- Takes proactive steps to identify potential issues
- Collaborates with other Engineers, Applications Development, Business customers and vendors to design and implement solutions
- Performs other tasks as required by OSC and the Government contracting office
Required Qualifications/Education and Experience
- Minimum five years of experience with the DoD Cybersecurity Authorization & Accreditation processes and tools (to include RMF and eMASS)
- Minimum five years of Cybersecurity system auditing and monitoring experience (to include Inspector General inspection and Command Cyber Readiness Inspection criteria)
- Prior experience with the Navy’s ACAS system and Navy’s VRAM
- Must have an active CISSP Certification
- Must be able to receive and maintain a personnel security clearance
Preferred Qualifications/Education and Experience
- Prior experience with DoD or DoN cybersecurity policies and procedures
- Experience managing DoD Cybersecurity Program requirements and deliverables
- Knowledge of HBSS, Firewall, IDS, and IPS
- Knowledge of DoD and DoN Cybersecurity (formerly IA) Policy, and DISA STIGs for application and database development
Healthcare, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Health Savings Account (HSA), 401k
Paid Company Holidays and PTO
Opportunities to enhance IT knowledge and skills, thus strengthening the OSC team and improving our employees' potential for future opportunities