Sr. Cyber Security Engineer (HBSS)Location:Quantico, VA
As a Senior Cyber Security Engineer, the individual will identify, collect, and analyze network and host data, and report events or incidents that occur or might occur within a network to mitigate immediate and potential network and host threats. In this role, the Engineer will maintain situational awareness of Cyber incidents and activity with appropriate partners via tools and reporting mechanisms. In addition, the individual will serve as an Information System Security Engineer (ISSE) and provide trend analysis and reports on Computer Network Defense activity.
- Researches, identifies, and verifies new Advanced Persistent Threat tactics, techniques, and procedures from commercial and government sources
- Provides recommendations to strengthen the client’s overall Cybersecurity posture
- Applies knowledge of monitoring, analyzing, detecting, and responding to Cyber events and incidents within information systems and networks
- Advises on Cybersecurity defense and leverages solutions to deliver operational services, including network intrusion, detection and prevention, security events, data spillage, and incident response actions
- Designs, develops, engineers, and implements solutions that meet security requirements.
- Responsible for the integration and implementation of computer system security solutions
- Performs other tasks as required by OSC and the Government contracting office
Required Qualifications/Education and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of seven (7) years of experience performing computer network defense (CND) incident triage
- In depth understanding of computer security, Department of Navy, and DoD cyber security policies
- Prior experience analyzing log files (firewalls and intrusion) and IDS Logs to identify possible threats to network security, and to perform command and control functions in response to incidents
- Host Based Security Systems (HBSS) certification upon hire or the ability to obtain and maintain certification within six months of hire
- Prior experience in Host Based Security Systems (HBSS), ACAS vulnerability scanning software and Cyber Security Vulnerability Alerts (IAVA)
- Must be DoD 8570 certified at the IAT-III / IAM-III level. Please refer to the website: https://public.cyber.mil/cw/cwmp/dod-approved-8570-baseline-certifications/.
- Must have and maintain a Secret personnel clearance and must be eligible for a TSSCI
Preferred Qualifications/Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Information Technology, Information Management, or Cyber Security)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certification
Healthcare, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Health Savings Account (HSA), 401k
Paid Company Holidays and PTO
Opportunities to enhance IT knowledge and skills, thus strengthening the OSC team and improving our employees' potential for future opportunities