Senior Windows Server AdministratorLocation:Fort McNair, Washington, DC
As a Senior Windows Server Administrator, the individual will be responsible for configuring and supporting Microsoft-based infrastructure servers, enterprise application installation and configuration, infrastructure design, and troubleshooting. In this role, the Windows Server Administrator will operate and maintain all production, pre-production, and development of systems in a Windows environment.
- Performs regularly scheduled maintenance on systems and apply necessary security patches and updates to operating system, applications, and/or services
- Generates, implements, maintains and monitors Windows 2012, 2016, 2019 and VMware operating systems
- Implements and monitors the Enterprise Windows Servers testing and installation of patches, updates, additional tools and future versions of all software on a regular basis.
- Supports team with complex projects to support Windows Infrastructure services
- Assists other technical support personnel in troubleshooting problems with the system
- All other duties assigned by OSC and governing contract office
Required Qualifications/Education and Experience
- Must be able to receive or maintain a Personnel Security Clearance
- Minimum 7 years of relevant experience with Microsoft Windows Server. Experience in administration should include versions 2012 and 2016 and as a bonus 2019
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2012/2016 Set-up & Configuration
- Minimum 7 years of relevant experience with Microsoft Windows Server Core services such as Active Directory, DHCP, DFS, ADFS, Certificate Services, IIS, DNS, etc.
- Security+, Server+, Network+, A+ Certification is required
- Bachelor's Degree is required
- Microsoft Certification is required
- Prior experience with designing, implementing, maintaining and troubleshooting core Windows infrastructure services such as Active Directory, Group Policies, DNS, DHCP, WINS, IIS, Certificate Services, etc.
Preferred Qualifications/Education and Experience
- MCSE or MCSA certification is preferred
- Administration experience with Microsoft Exchange Systems Center, and SQL is a plus
- Prior SharePoint administration experience is helpful but not required
Healthcare, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Health Savings Account (HSA), 401k
Paid Company Holidays and PTO
Opportunities to enhance IT knowledge and skills, thus strengthening the OSC team and improving our employees' potential for future opportunities